Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First challenge layout I ever made

This is the first layout I made  for Kathryn's (from the scrap beach) challenge. We had to make a layout or card of any size with layers. So being in the month of love, I used a new cricut cartridge called Victorian romance. It has beautiful images suitable for the month of February, or for making love and romance layouts or cards. From this cartridge I cut the 2 bottom hearts in deep red card stock from Wausau  and I could not resist blinging them with red rhinestones. I also cut the true love fonts from the same cartridge as well as the kissing couple (so cute) the couple required 3 layers and the tiny pieces were a bit tricky, but they turned out okay. The frame was from the cartridge fancy frames. The enchanted heart is from a Martha S. punch and the side edge is cut from a page from the immortal love paper stack from DCWV, I used a fiskers punch called lace to detail the edge. I added the little red bird to finish the page. The back ground page is from Wausau  card stock called shades and the color I chose is Astroparche, Its a beautiful sand color marble looking paper.(the picture does not show the detail very good).I think I did good for a first try.I'm happy with the out come. Thanks for viewing

No comments:

Post a Comment